Following popular demand, SuperDog of the Month returns in the Autumn!
Here’s a quick reminder of the planned relaunch activity:
• From Wednesday 1st September, studios can start uploading images taken since June 2020 for inclusion in a special SuperDog Relaunch Competition.
• The Relaunch Competition will include all entries from the February and March 2020 competitions, which were suspended due to Covid-19. These images have been retained, studios DO NOT NEED TO UPLOAD THEM AGAIN.
• The Relaunch Competition will begin in October 2021 and will award 1 overall winner with a £100 Pets at Home voucher.
• Images that achieve 2nd to 9th place in the Relaunch Competition will receive automatic entry into the SuperDog of the Year competition for a chance to win £1000!
• From Monday 4th October, studios will be able to enter images into the October, November and December 2021 competition which will begin in January 2022.
• The SuperDog of the Year competition opens and will include ALL Winners and Top-10 Finalists from the 2019/20 competition, plus the Relaunch competition.
• The winner of SuperDog of the Year, will be announced in January 2022.
The competition will run on a bi-monthly basis until further notice.
Competition entries will no longer be featured on the SuperDog Facebook page, but will be available for voting on the SuperDog website. A pinned post will be featured on the SuperDog Facebook page that includes a link to the public voting area. This post can be shared on your own Facebook page to direct users to future competitions.
The number of votes each image receives will no longer be displayed, preventing entrants from knowing their dog’s position in the overall competition until it is judged. Each bi-monthly and annual competition will continue to be judged using our 4 judging panels: Photographers, Owners, Sponsors and the new Public Vote.
Entrants will continue to receive an email and SMS message from SuperDog at the start of each competition, alerting them to vote and how they can invite family and friends to support their entry.
The Relaunch Competition will also introduce the following changes to the SuperDog competition:
• 1 x Monthly winner receives a £100 Pets at Home voucher
• £1000 Annual prize
• Entries can come from any source, even if it has come from another dog promotion or a studio’s own local marketing.
• Images can feature a dog with its owner / family, or just a dog on its own
• Images that include more than one dog are acceptable, but if successful, only one prize will be awarded
• Competition entries be can be uploaded in colour, black and white or sepia
• Props are acceptable but must not take over from the focus of the featured dog/s
How can I start entering?
Clients who wish to enter must complete a SuperDog Model Release Form which provides permission to use their image on our website.
Using a unique username and password, each studio can upload their entries here: https://www.barrettandcoe.co.uk/bc-polls/
Can I use the logo?
The SuperDog logo can be downloaded above as an Ai/Jpeg file and used in your own marketing.
Promoting the competition
Following recent changes to the competition, we have revised the artwork for an information leaflet and poster which can be used by your studio.
The leaflet can be emailed to clients ahead of their session, or printed and handed to clients at their viewing. The poster can also be printed and displayed in your studio.
Click the image above to download:
• A PDF leaflet that is suitably sized to email
• Print-ready PDF’s which can be professionally printed for both the leaflet and poster