SuperDog of the Month Competition Terms and Conditions
Photography Experience Information
- Only one entry per calendar year
- The value of your photography experience may not be used to purchase images from a previous photography session
- During your viewing the opportunity to purchase additional portraits from your session is available, however there is no obligation to do so
Participation in the competition
- To enter the competition you will be asked to enter an image from a professional photography session into the SuperDog of the Month Competition via a £1.50 entry donation to the UK charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Images taken outside of a professional photography session are not accepted for participation in this competition
- By entering, participants accept their entry can include their dog/s and other family members or friends in the image
- Entry assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and agreement to be bound by the decisions of the SuperDog of the Month
- Owners who choose to participate accept that their image can be viewed, Liked/Loved and commented on by all Facebook users.
- Images featured in each monthly competition have been professionally photographed by a SuperDog of the Month studio or a SuperDog of the Month Approved and Recommended photographer. Prior consent has been given from owner of the dog(s) featured in each competition.
- In the event of an image being selected as a winning entry, the owner’s consent is provided for the image to be used in any relevant Media selected by SuperDog of the Month Limited. This may include advertising, marketing, packaging or used on a website, including social media platforms to raise awareness of the competition.
- The SuperDog of the Month Competition is not associated with any other dog competition and the promotion of other competitions on the SuperDog of the Month Facebook page is prohibited.
- Entrants are welcome to share their image with friends and family on Facebook by using the Share function present on each image in a competition album.
- This competition is not administered, endorsed or associated with Facebook or any other social media company.
How to vote
- To place a vote in the competition, simply ‘Like’ or ‘Love’ the image of your choice in the relevant competition album found on our Facebook page. The dog with the most amount of combined ‘Likes’ and ‘Loves’ receives 10 points, with the amount of points decreasing to 1 point for the 10th most liked dog, but are not the sole method to determine the three winning images each month.
- ‘Haha’, ‘Wow’, ‘Sad’ and ‘Angry’ “Reactions” will not count as a vote. Multiple ‘Likes’ or ‘Loves’ on the same image from an individual Facebook account are not possible.
- ‘Likes’ or ‘Loves’ are counted only on the images made in the corresponding month’s album on the SuperDog of the Month Facebook page. ‘Likes’ or ‘Loves’ on images made outside of the album, or on other social media channels, will not be counted. Please note: the winners of the SuperDog of the Month or SuperDog of the Year Competitions, are NOT decided solely by the highest number of Facebook Likes or Loves.
- In order to protect entrants and to make the competition as fair as possible any image which we suspect, or find evidence of, has received Likes/Loves from artificial sources, such as forum pages, Networking / Business Groups, For Sale or Swapping Groups/Pages, Groups/Pages unrelated to photography, ‘Likes for Likes’, ‘Likes for Incentives’ or ‘Paid for Likes’, will have their total ‘Likes’/’Loves’ in the competition capped at 500.
- In addition to the top 10 images on Facebook, three panels of Judges (consisting of 5 dog owners and 5 professional photographers and our ‘Sponsors’) will each choose their top 10 from all the images entered into monthly competitions, rating them from 10 points to 1. The points from each Judge are then collated to determine the top 10 overall entries for both the dog owners judging panel, the Photographer judging panel and Sponsors judging panel.
- In the event of a tie, the winning positions will be calculated accordingly. The positions will be awarded using first the Dog Owner votes, followed by Photographer and Sponsors votes, ending with Facebook votes.
- Each panel (Facebook, Dog Owners, Photographers and Sponsors) have a one quarter weighting in the competition, with the overall score marked out of 40. The results from each panel are combined to determine the 5 winners and 5 Top 10 Finalists of each SuperDog of the Month Competition.
Competition prizes and notification
- In each calendar year there will be 12 competitions, with five winners announced each month.
- The monthly prize for each of the five selected winning images is £25 Pets at Home voucher. No cash alternative is provided.
- The monthly prize for each of the five selected Top 10 Finalists is a £10 Pets at Home voucher. No cash alternative is provided.
- The prize for the image chosen as SuperDog of the Year is £2000.
- Via their photographer, the competition organiser will inform each of the five monthly winners and Top 10 Finalists within 28 days of the competition closing date.
- SuperDog of the Month reserve the right, in the event of circumstances arising outside of our control, which in our opinion makes it necessary, to cancel or change the competition at any stage.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition is not open to employees/contractors of SuperDog of the Month, Approved and Recomended Studios/Franchise Studios and their families of Baby of the Month Limited, Portrait Appointments Limited or Barrett & Coe Limited.
- Winners will be invited to return to their photographer’s studio in order to collect their prize and will be asked to have a presentation photograph with their dog/s accepting their prize. This image will be shared on appropriate Social Media channels