SuperDog of the Month Competition Terms and Conditions
Photography Experience Information
- Only one entry per calendar year
- The value of your photography experience may not be used to purchase images from a previous photography session
- During your viewing the opportunity to purchase additional portraits from your session is available, however there is no obligation to do so
- To enter, you will be invited to choose an image from a professional photography session into the SuperDog of the Month Competition via a £1.50 entry donation to the UK charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
- Images taken outside of a professional photography session are not accepted for participation in this competition
- By entering, participants accept their entry can include their dog/s and other family members or friends in the image
- Entry assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and agreement to be bound by the decisions of the SuperDog of the Month
- Owners who choose to participate accept that their image can be viewed by the general public on the SuperDog of the Month website
- Images featured in each competition have been professionally photographed by a SuperDog of the Month studio or a SuperDog of the Month Approved and Recommended photographer. Prior consent has been given from owner of the dog(s) featured in each competition.
- In the event of an image being selected as a winning entry, the owner’s consent is provided for the image to be used in any relevant Media selected by SuperDog of the Month Limited. This may include advertising, marketing, packaging or used on a website, including social media platforms to raise awareness of the competition.
- The SuperDog of the Month Competition is not associated with any other dog competition and the promotion of other competitions on the SuperDog of the Month Facebook page is prohibited.
- Entrants are welcome to share their image on social media, or by email, with friends and family by using the Share function present on each image in our competition. The number of shares an image receives is NOT included in the overall judging process for each competition.
How to vote
- To place a vote in the competition, simply vote* for your favourite image/s in the Public Vote Page which is featured on our website https://www.superdogofthemonth.co.uk/publicvote/ The image with the most Public Votes receives 10 points, with the number of points decreasing to 1 point for the 10th most voted for dog image, but are not the sole method to determine the five winning images for each competition.
- From October 2021 the images for each bi-monthly and annual competition will no longer be voted for by the public on our Facebook page, instead, they will be available to vote for at https://www.superdogofthemonth.co.uk/publicvote/ Any images shared from our Public Vote page to Facebook or other social media channels will NOT be count towards the final total of votes an image receives. This also includes any reactions on Facebook the image receives if it is shared.
- In addition to the top-10 images on the Public Vote on our website, three panels of Judges (consisting of 5 Dog Owners, 5 Professional Photographers and our Sponsors) will each choose their top 10 from all the images entered into monthly competitions, rating them from 10 points to 1. The points from each Judge are collated to determine the top 10 overall entries for both the Dog Owner Judging panel, the Photographer Judging panel, and the Sponsors Judging Panel.
- In the event of a tie, the winning positions will be calculated by SuperDog of the Month accordingly. The positions will be awarded using first the Dog Owner votes, followed by Photographer and Sponsors votes, ending with Public Vote votes.
- Each panel (Public Votes, Down Owners, Photographers, and Sponsors) have a one-quarter weighting in the competition, with the overall score marked out of 40. The results from each panel are combined to determine the sole winner of each SuperDog of the Month Competition.
Competition prizes and notification
- The prize for each of the five winners for each competition is a £100 Pets at Home voucher. No cash alternative is provided.
- The prize for the image chosen as SuperDog of the Year is £1000.
- Via their photographer, the competition organiser will inform each winner within 28 days of the competition closing date.
- SuperDog of the Month reserve the right, in the event of circumstances arising outside our control, which in our opinion makes it necessary, to cancel or change the competition at any stage.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition is not open to employees/contractors of SuperDog of the Month, Approved and Recomended Studios/Franchise Studios and their families of Baby of the Month Limited, Portrait Appointments Limited or Barrett & Coe Limited.
- Winners will be invited to return to their photographer’s studio in order to collect their prize and will be asked to have a presentation photograph with their dog/s accepting their prize. This image will be shared on appropriate Social Media channels.
*Multiple votes from the same IP address will be monitored and votes may be capped if we detect unusual activity